[mythtv-users] Commercials are never detected

Matt Clifton spartacus003 at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 10:19:04 UTC 2008

Well I figured it out. All of my "commmethod" columns in the Channel table in the database were null. The value to use the global settings is -1 so I set all values in the commmethod column to use that value. This is the same as going to each individual channel in mythsetup and selecting "Use Global Settings." Programs are being flagged as expected now. I'm not sure how they got set to null in the first place, maybe something to do with switching back and forth between the .20 and .21 releases.