[mythtv-users] increasing load

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat May 10 06:10:13 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why is it that the load on my MythTV box (VIA EPIA EN12000 running
> 0.21-fixes on Fedora 8) increases slowly during about 10 days of running
> the backend?
> When it starts the load is around 1 or slightly lower and now we are at
> 2.1x.
>
> Why is this?

FWIW: I have no transcode or other stuff running. Not even a frontend.
It is just the box running with a backend. No other big processes.

Scheduler does not take up the CPU as much as it used to so that is not
the culprit.
Even when the load is like 2, the CPU is around 80% idle for most of the
time.

Why o why?