[mythtv-users] approve deinterlace filter?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 9 01:04:43 UTC 2008

Doug Larrick wrote:

>  Bob deint should work for you,

But it doesn 't:

2008-05-08 18:48:21.146 Video sync method can't support double framerate
(refresh rate too low for bob deint)

This may mean I'll have to compile from source and apply the patch for this.

> You would be better off with OpenGL vsync
I turned that on; it's on the first screen under Setup->TV
Settings->Playback. I also added the line to /etc/security/limits.conf:

mythtv - rtprio 20

I had to reboot for this to take effect. These two things eliminated the
"NVP:prebuffering pause" messages from the logs; thank you very much for
these tips. Unfortunately the HD playback still looks jerky, so I'm back
to square one.

--Greg