[mythtv-users] Ripping with MythDVD

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:35:52 UTC 2008

The "good" quality setting works fine for me, and I notice no
degradation on a standard definition tele.

I recommend dvd::rip instead.  It can be installed on your myth box,
although it is a few more steps, the results are better (and smaller).
 If you do go with dvd::rip, watch out for its automatic crop and
resize script.  It often tends to drastically crop wide screen movies,
at least it has for me.

Gordon