J jsweepstakes at gmail.com
Thu May 8 02:24:49 UTC 2008

> Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:10:22 -0400
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] moving information between slave backends
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 04/07/2008 10:51 AM, Mache Creeger wrote:

> > > I don't know about *moving* the recordings over, but you could
> > > probably mount the slave backends' recording directories onto the
> > > master backend over nfs, cifs, etc. and add them as storage groups
> > > (assuming you're using 0.21ish MythTV).
> >
> >  How about using iSCSI to mount the storage over the network and then
> >  use LVM2 to make them all one volume?
>
> You're much better off keeping them separate volumes and using Storage
> Groups to put all the directories in the same (i.e. Default) group.
>
> And, the network-mounted (whatever approach you choose works) solution
> is really the best one (as opposed to trying to move the files across
> the network to load-balance storage usage).
>
> Mike

How will myth know where to get the files?  and how would I mount something
(I've had bad luck with mounting in the past)?  that might be something nice
to implement because at it looks in the new version through mythweb there is
some sort of volume use? is it hard to get into programming some of this?
why are those locations shown in a different manner now in mythweb?
-J