[mythtv-users] Audio error breaks playback when viewing live TV

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Wed May 7 21:00:28 UTC 2008

Enigma wrote:
> It plays fine for 30 seconds or so then hits an error in the audio
> stream.  Once it hits the error, it starts stuttering and will
> continue to stutter until I switch channels or exit live TV.  I can
> watch the live TV file through the recorded programs menu and it does
> not exhibit the behavior.  I don't ever see the behavior with my
> PVR-250/500 cards, just ATSC or QAM streams.  Has anyone else seen
> this problem?

Hate to say it, and I mention it only for point of reference...  I *don't*
see that problem, and occasionally I'll have errors in my ATSC streams.
(I'm OTA, so it's only a matter of time before an error happens!)

After an error my preamp does tend to go nuts for about five seconds trying
to re-lock onto the SPDIF signal (flipping back and forth between DD and
PCM), but I think it's just because it's old and I'm too cheap to replace
it.  If I hit pause, then un-pause, it'll re-lock instantly.  (Ahhh, the
joys of old (sic) circus logic chips!  :) )