[mythtv-users] front end over VPN or ssh

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:05:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:48 AM, J <jsweepstakes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for a way to add a front end over ssh, is there a way to cache
> the data in order to download it and then watch it after its done? [this
> also would be useful for wireless clients that are on a slower connection
> then the encoded rate]
> -J

I'm looking for something similar to implement later this year to copy
certain shows to a mythbox at, say, a vacation home. Theoretically you could
use something to export the shows to an RSS feed and then subscribe to the
feed on your remote mythbox. However,if I understand correctly such things
are frowned upon on this list because a setup like this could be used for
copyright infringement purposes. If there's a better less grey-area way to
do this I'd love to hear about it. Maybe if the Flash player becomes more
mature?