[mythtv-users] Commercials are never detected

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:30:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:08 AM, George Mari
<george_mythusers at mari1938.org> wrote:
>  Once you ran this from the command line, did you check the program you
>  tested it on, to see if you could skip past the breaks it found?

After manually running mythcommflag, breaks are flagged and I can skip
them (and the front end also auto-skips them).

As a work around I've setup user job #1 as /usr/bin/mythcommflag
--queue -f %FILE% and assigned it to run on all new recordings.   I
don't know why myth isn't running commflag itself, but running the
user job at least has my commercial skipping working again.  The order
of things is a bit mixed up doing it this way - I would rather have
the cutlist made first, and then transcode, so the end file has no
commercials in it, but I can live with it this way.