[mythtv-users] CoreCodec apologizes for wrongful Google DMCA takedown

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Tue May 6 13:05:53 UTC 2008

CoreCodec apologizes for wrongful Google DMCA takedown.

 From Slashdot

"In a follow-up to the
<http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/05/04/2349234.shtml?tid=185>previous
story, CoreCodec has
<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080505-corecodec-apologizes-for-wrongful-google-dmca-takedown.html>apologized
for the incorrect DMCA Takedown notice that took the CoreAVC project
offline. There's also a public
<http://www.corecodec.com/forums/index.php?topic=981.0>statement by
co-founder Dan Marlin saying in part, 'I'd like to publicly apologize
to Alan [CoreAVC project lead] for the disconnect between him and us
as well as the disruption to the project as there was no ill will
intended and we were already working on a resolution with him before
this went public.' They've also created a new policy for sending out
DMCA Takedown notices, so that they won't misuse them in the future."

See article below

-- Mache

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080505-corecodec-apologizes-for-wrongful-google-dmca-takedown.html