[mythtv-users] UPnP & MythVideo

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue May 6 12:20:04 UTC 2008

> But it doesn't seem to honour parental levels. It also seems to just
> show a list of all files in the MythVideo directories, not just those
> that have been added to the database.

 Correct, it doesn't rely solely on the database, but instead on the content
and just gets info like coverfiles and such from the database.
I've never seen any examples of parental controls done via upnp, so
if you can point me to "free" apps and clients that do I'm more than willing
to look at implementing something like that.

> I haven't found any settings or instructions that might change this
> behaviour, other than totally disabling UPnP when starting the backend

 Nope, it's on by default with no ability to restrict what it will show other
than not having files there of course. (For the readers you can disable it in trunk
as well as control how often it updates it's list of videos).

> Is there something I have missed in regards to new settings for 0.21
> that might get it to only list items that are in the videometadata db,
> and preferably only if they have a parental level of 1?

 No, currently there are no settings to behave that way.