[mythtv-users] boosting my HD signal

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Tue May 6 07:54:00 UTC 2008

Dan Wierenga wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to get my signal a bit better?  Like a signal
> amplifier, or something?   I currently have coax cable plugged straight
> into my antenna to my 3 televisions via a line splitter.  It's roughly
> 50 feet of coax cable from the antenna to the splitter, and another
> 50-100 feet from the splitter to each TV.

Why not install a masthead amplifier, Dan?

While I am not familiar with the US situation, I do live in a fringe
reception area south of Sydney in Australia. A decent antenna coupled
with a quality MH amp fixed my signal troubles. I am splitting into
three tuners.

MH amps are relatively easy to install. generally the existing coax
cable can be utilised. Although with digital signals make sure the gain
can be adjusted. All too often too much gain will give too much noise.

regards

The GuiGuy