[mythtv-users] boosting my HD signal

blake blake at www.loadedshelf.com
Tue May 6 07:31:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:42:57 -0700, Dan Wierenga <dwierenga at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I finally got my antenna up on my roof, and I get a few HD stations
> really well, and I get some pixelation on some others, and some I don't
> get at
> all.  I live in Los Angeles which from other posts to the list should
> have all the stations broadcasting from the same place, Mt. Wilson.
> From that I would expect to get all the channels with roughly the same
> quality, but
> there is a dramatic difference between the best quality channel and the
> worst quality channel.

That's interesting. I'm in northwest L.A. What do you scan for in myth
(i.e., is it broadcast 8-VSB or...)?

I recently got a new TV with a digital tuner and it picks up about 25
channels (a third of them in Espanol), this using a $6 antenna. The
quality difference I see is that some channels have compression artifacts
(blocky images that freeze), but mostly if the picture comes through, it's
about the same across the board (although HD makes a big difference
obviously).