[mythtv-users] TV out on PVR350 using PAL, Fedora 8

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Tue May 6 02:54:01 UTC 2008

I am using the PVR 350 TV-Out on Fedora 8, though in NTSC mode.  Kernel
2.6.24.5-85.fc8.  In X, I have two screens set up -- my :0.0 is an
nVidia geforce 4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x, running with the nvidia.com drivers
(though if you used the livna ones it would probably work equally well).
My :0.1 is RightOf screen0, and that is my pvr350 output.  I'm running
the ivtv X driver on it (as well as ivtvfb), and I have mythfrontend set
up to play out the pvr350, and all is well.  (Once in a blue moon, the
machine does freeze while watching recordings, like once a month).  But
I don't have problems with kernel oopses.  Couldn't tell ya why...  If
you think there'd be value in seeing details from my modprobe.conf, or
my Xorg.conf file, let me know and I'll send them along.