[mythtv-users] Kinda OT: MythGame Controllers

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:59:08 UTC 2008

>  I see there are emulators for everything from NES to N64, but I'm
>  curious how people actually control these.  Is there a place to grab
>  USB controllers for all kinds of console systems?  I'd love to have a
>  USB N64, SNES, Genesis or NES controller to play these games on.
>
>  What controllers do you use for MythGame?

there are actually a few options online to buy modded for usb original
nes, snes, and genesis controllers that you can find easily through
google.  i have a nes and snes controller that i got from
http://www.retrousb.com/ back in the day but now it looks like all
they sell are retro ports to plug your controllers into.  i can def
say that playing nes/snes through an emulator with the original
controller is the same as having the real thing as far as i can tell
and it definitely increases your geek factor when you have a party!

i also have a few other usb controllers that i've picked up over the
years, basically any usb controller will work in linux these days so
you're pretty safe just picking up anything that feels good to you.