[mythtv-users] Who needs to worry about copyright? CoreAVC forLinux removed from Google Code

Anthony R. Baker baker at low-e.com
Mon May 5 16:44:00 UTC 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Kuphal
  To: Discussion about mythtv
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 10:53 AM
  Subject: [mythtv-users] Who needs to worry about copyright? CoreAVC forLinux removed from Google Code

  For all the concerns over hard-nosed stances over integrating technologies into MythTV, this comes across the news today:

  http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9935786-39.html

  Kevin

    Quote I Just read on corecodec.com forums.

    " In the end the counsels advise on what we were to do was out of scope (including copyright) when we looked at all the great feedback everyone has provided us. The DMCA does allow for reverese engineering for compatibilty purposes and hence in the end no matter what the 'other points' are the DMCA takedown request was wrongly sent.
Alan has been great about this and we are now working with him now on making his new version compatible with CoreAVC v1.7."