[mythtv-users] Oops - Anyone Succesful with AMD780G based motherboard?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:38:26 UTC 2008

You Said:

>I am running a GA-MA78GM-S2H with a +4800 X2 (65W ?) CPU. From what I
>have been reading it does not support a 125W CPU. I installed the
>catalyst drivers with EnvyNG but it installed 8.3 not 8.4. Gears does
>over 2000 frames.

I got an ASUS M3A-H HDMI board and it crashes the X server when any
OpenGL thing runs.
I can't even run the Catalyst Control Center. This happens on both 8.3 and 8.4

It refuses to accept the Modelines I give it, using lower resolution
modes instead, so even
when it has not yet crashed, it is not at the full res of the TV. The
TV seems to even give it
good 1080p modes that it won't use.

Could you share your working xorg.conf?

Thanks,