[mythtv-users] Select Capture device for PiP Window ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 5 02:13:36 UTC 2008

Here's one that's not really a problem, but I wonder if there's a
solution:

Is there some way to select which capture device feeds the PiP window,
or is the "next" one the only possibility?

PiP seems to be selecting the "next" capture device to display in the
window. I have 2 PVRs connected to CATV and one connected to DISH (#3
is DISH).

If I'm watching cap card 1 and select a DISH channel the system
switches to the third card, no problems.

But if I hit "B", then try to select a satellite channel in the PiP
window, I get nothing and the PiP system gets a little confused. I can
select a CATV channel, and the window changes to that one OK (because
it's using tuner 2).

If I'm watching DISH, obviously my PiP choice has to be a cable
channel, because only tuners 2 and 3 are available, but it seems there
might be a way to be watching a cable channel and get DISH in the PiP
window, am I missing something simple?

In case you're wondering I'm looking at some of the HD channels to see
if what they are sending HD and SD is different (content wise, format
wise), and PiP makes it easy.

Thanks,

beww