[mythtv-users] Help MythArchive to DVD with no Audio

Jim Marshall jim_marshall2268 at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 02:28:08 UTC 2008

Hi,
 About 2 weeks ago I installed MythDora 4.0 (and updated MythTV to 0.20.20070821-1, so I could use SchedulesDirect). So far everything has been working great, I got my sound working through spdif and have recorded several HD shows. I wanted to archive these shows to a DVD but when I did this the DVD's had no sound :(

I looked at the FAQ and I set Myth to encode all channels as AC3, That didn't help. I also noticed an entry which stated that if there is more then 1 audio track you need to set the localization so it has two different languages. The only localization menu I have found (in both myth setup and the FE util/setup menu) appears to be for the guide (Appearance - localization). I just tried setting this and started to burn another DVD (this will take about 3 hours). Is that the right menu or am I not finding the right one?

I have 2 PVR 150's and a pcHDTV HD3000 card. In case it matters I am in the Boston area and the recording was from PBS 2-2 (HD) channel. I can play the recording fine in Myth. If I open /storage/temp/work/1/newfile.mpg with the VLC player I have to select the "Sound" menu and choose track 2 to get audio. In xine the newfile.mpg play fine (audio is set to AUTO, and I can select channel 0 for sound). Unfortunately I didn't realize if I tried to archive the file again it would overwrite the existing data, so I do not have the progress.log or mytharchive.log any more - sorry.

Thanks in advance

In case it is important, I have a
ASUS p4s800d-x motherboard (with ADI AD1888  SoundMax audio)
p4 2.8 GHz (with hyper-threading disabled, because Fedora hangs when it is enabled?!)
Sound is hooked via spdif to my stereo
1 gig of ram
250 GB HD (about 130GB avail)