[mythtv-users] Upgrade Ubuntu 7.10 => 8.04

Nedim Cholich mythtv at cholich.com
Sat May 3 12:35:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:37 AM, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read about Josh White's problem with Upgrade Ubuntu 7.10 => 8.04.
> However, is there anyone that have done a *successful* upgrade with
> functional MythTV from Ubuntu's repository?

Upgraded my Mythtv BE/FE from 7.04 to 7.10 to 8.04 last weekend.

The only problem was X  had screwed up DPI so the fonts were tiny. It took
me several hours to figure out just what combination of options in xorg.conf
fixes the problem. Sometimes restarting just X was not enough, had to bounce
the whole box, which made the whole process slow.

This upgrade also brought 0.21 which I must say is a delight! The new nvidia
driver + 0.21 removed the need for xvmc for me even on 720p content.