[mythtv-users] HELP! qt3-MySQL dependancy broken for FC8 - Can anyone help?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat May 3 10:28:53 UTC 2008

OK you're now officially in repo hell!!

I would strongly urge you to disable the ATRPMS repo as a default repo
(else you'll keep getting these errors) and only install from ATRPMS
when you specifically need to (using the --enablerepo=atrpms option in
yum).  Disable the ATRPMS repo by going to:-

/etc/yum.repos.d at editing the atrpms.repo file and setting the
following value..

enabled=0

To address the existing problem you need to understand which package
is calling the libraw1394 as a dependency.....

1.  yum clean all

2.  yum (install or update) each package by name that you want, don't
do them as a block.  Then look at the dependencies list.

3.  Only you've identified the package causing the problem do you need it?

4.  If you do then I would suggest you manually download the
libraw1394-1.3.0-6.fc8.i386.rpm file and put it somewhere (say
/home/mythtv )

5.  then open a command prompt and go to /home/mythtv

6.  rpm -U --nodeps --force libraw1394-1.3.0-6.fc8.i386 ENTER - (if I
remember correctly)

this should force install the new libraw1394 package and you can then
do the bigger yum update.

If it won't do it then remove the existing libraw1394 package (make
sure you use --nodeps) and IMMEDIATELY install the new one and that
should fix the problem.

Good luck and after you've done this a few times you'll probably turn
off all 3rd party repos by default (I did anyway).

Regards