[mythtv-users] Remote Control

Kawayanan kawayanan at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:06:45 UTC 2008

I can't speak for the other brands, but I got the Microsoft one and it
worked like a charm with mythbuntu.  Pretty much just selected it from a
dropdown menu and it worked - I have since customized the setup though.

Here is the one I got (though I got it through an amazon retailer):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880100851

It came with two blasters, and the receiver will accept any remote signals I
think (you do have to set up the lirc files for the remote though).  There
is a mythtv wiki page on these mce remotes too.

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

Kawayanan