[mythtv-users] spdif with simultaneous analog out (alsa)?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 18:49:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Misty P <mistyp at thekorn.net> wrote:
>  Someone HAS to have done this, so I figure I'd ask and quit beating my head
>  against the wall.

I had this working (at least from the audio sources I had available at
the time) under FC6 but the exact same asound.conf does not do this
under F8. Everything goes out over SPDIF but only non-PCM/AC3/DTS
sources go out over analog as well.

I'm not sure if this is the wiki you were talking about, but if not,
you may want to try:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound

I started wondering lately is someone could write an alsa
module/plugin that would make it act just like a DVD player...
Unfortunately I am not a programmer.

If you get this figured out I'd sure like to know!

Thanks,
Richard