[mythtv-users] Linksys NSLU2 aka SLUG...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 2 15:56:54 UTC 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 9:23 AM, Andrew Close wrote:

> that was the kind of real world experience i was looking for.
> thanks Brian :)
> i'll keep them in mind, but maybe i'll look for another low power
> solution for a DB server that has just a bit more grunt to it.

Our local Walmart was dumping them for $23 each, which is why I picked
up 4 of them (all they had). For that price they were just not pass-up-
able.

But today, a few years later, there are other somewhat more powerful
options available.

I have an old Qube2, a MIPS-based machine I was thinking of turning
into a DB server. Main problem is the 5vdc RAM is hard to find and
expensive.

The various slug firmwares will also run on other NAS appliances:

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

beww