[mythtv-users] EPIA MII10K... acting up

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Fri May 2 02:48:21 UTC 2008

John Fountain wrote:
> I'm willing to bet that you have a bad capacitor or 2 on that board. I
> have gone thru 2 of these things so far. The first one I chucked when
> it failed because I didn't know what was wrong until after the fact
> and the second one I'm using now has blown every single capacitor on
> the board at one time or another over the past 2 years of its life. I
> have re-soldered new ones in each time and the board continues to
> work. I think it cost me around $12 for all the longer-life caps for
> the board.
You can insert random amounts of swearing based on the fact I can't
solder.  I'll drag it back out from under the Telly and start checking
the caps out.  I thought VIA escaped the bad batch of electrolitics so
hadn't considered that.

If it is, expect a "Hey, I want to build a sweet frontend" type thread
appearing shortly :S