[mythtv-users] EPIA MII10K... acting up.

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Thu May 1 18:19:01 UTC 2008

I've got a weird issue that's developing with my EPIA MII10k frontend
that I figured someone on here might have encountered.

Basically the thing halts.  Won't accept any input from a keyboard/IR
device and you can't ssh in to it.  Needless to say it also stops
playing back anything.  Doesn't seem to be heat related as if left to
its own devices it'll do the same thing.

logs don't show mythfrontend segfaulting or anything untoward going on
other than the PCI 802.11g card (Edimax using the kernel driver)
dropping the connection and getting it back again.   It's been working
fine with this card for quite a while so I don't think it's a bug in the
PCI system.   It was also running 0.21 fine so whilst I'm not
discounting it... seems unlikely.

For completeness OS is Gentoo and mythfrontend --version reports:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16944
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40

And kernel is 2.6.24-gentoo-r2

Anyone heard of similar weirdness, personally I think it's dieing... but
budget doesn't allow for a replacement just yet (can you get AppleTV's
in the UK and will they bolt on to a SCART socket? :) ).