[mythtv-users] XvMC Problems with Nvidia, Fedora 8

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Thu May 1 17:17:44 UTC 2008

At 09:52 PM 4/29/2008, Steve Wilson wrote:
>I had to put the full path for mine to work. Can't remember if it
>gave me an error when I didn't. I believe it looks for the so.1 file
>in the /usr/lib directory so if it's in the /lib64 it may not find it.

I put in the explicit path you suggested and then checked the
softlinks to make sure that in both cases it lead to a real file. In
one case no softlink existed and I had to explicitly define one.

After all that, and downgrading the XvMC profile in Setup from 2 CPUs
to 1 CPU, . it now works on both of my machines.

However, playing DVD isos with xine using either -V xxmc or -V xvmc
stalls. No ideas on how to solve that problem. I get nothing useful
when running --verbose.  Xine just recognizes XvMC, looks like it is

Thank you Steve,

-- Mache