[mythtv-users] no channel lock - live TV

Jay Summet jay at summet.com
Thu May 1 15:52:08 UTC 2008

> Thanks a lot for all the info. However I have set the wait time to 5 sec and
> it still does not work.  As other linux apps work perfectly with the card I
> doubt that there is anything wrong with the signal.
> Maybe I should say that I use a Terratec PCI DVB C card on a 64 Ubuntu 8.04
> system using the MANTIS DVB driver.
>
> Is there anything else I should try out? Thanks Nick

I also had a problem similar to what Greg Thomas mentioned, where the
Myth Backend had messed up the channel mappings. (Virtual channel
numbers vs actual channel numbers, etc, possibly also affecting the
frequency.)

I attributed this to the fact that I had been running SVN/Trunk at the
time (to get Silicon Dust support at all before 0.21 was released).

I remember exactly how I fixed that, but it involved deleting EVERYTHING
(tuners, sources, channels) and then re-adding them.  [I think somebody
mentioned some other bug where you had to use the "delete all" button
instead of just deleting things one by one....]

I forget if I scanned the channels manually, or used my schedulesDirect
source to get the channels working.

But that would be my next bit of advice, blow everything away and
re-create it to see if that fixes things.

I can report that the SiliconDust HTDV box has been working very well
for me for the last several months (using 0.21-release-fixes now).

Jay