No subject

Mon Mar 10 15:32:33 UTC 2008

2008-05-06 12:15:48.876 Video sync method can't support double framerate
(refresh rate too low for bob deint)
2008-05-06 12:15:48.877 Failed to approve 'onefield' deinterlacer

Using Standard, xv-bilt, and software combo with linear deinterlacer
works best for me without XvMC.  However my
Athlon 2800 XP+ combo system runs at about 90% CPU when decoding HD
content.  I've played with priorities, real time threads, etc. but have
not been able to make the HD experience reliable.  Any little thing
causes pauses.  It used to be a sufficient system but I've added tuners,
disk space, newer versions of Myth seem to use more CPU.  Thus I thought
I'd try enabling XvMC and see if that would help.  I want to split the
system and have been looking at new hardware but it will run between
$500 - $800 depending upon whether I reassign my current Athlon 64 X2
3800 workstation to a Mythfrontend and replace it with an Intel Quad
Core or just buy a low end Intel Dual Core system for the frontend.  In
any event, I'd prefer to wait as I don't really need a new workstation
and if I can watch HD content, my current BE/FE system is adequate.

> Try setting up a different profile which does not use XvMC (or change
> the priorities of those listed, so that you can try a different filter.)
>
> As to the choppy audio, if you go into Setup-> TV Settings -> Playback,
> there are 2 settings on the first page of that section..extra audio
> buffering (which is often useful) and use video as timebase. The latter
> seems to cause problems on my Intel-video box and I have not tested it
> on this nvidia based box. But the extra audio buffer is almost a
> necessity with a lower-powered machine, sucj as my old Via motherboard.

I've had the extra audio buffering enabled but had not tried the video
as timebase option.  video as timebase does not have any noticeable effect.

> Also, setting the OSD to NOT FADE seems to help generally. Personally, I
> don't much care whether the OSD is in grey or colour. So as long as the
> video + audio is fine, then I don't care about the actual load-lowering
> effects of Chromakey. (Chromakey is a further off-loading of work-load
> from the CPU to the GPU, beyond what XvMC is handling.)

Thanks, that makes sense about Chromakey.  With it I have lower CPU,
less audio stutter, and better picture.

> You are welcome. Glad to see that the wiki page is being used (and that
>   vindicates me for the time I spent re-writing it)

It's a valuable resource.

Cheers,

Drew

--