No subject

Mon Mar 10 15:32:33 UTC 2008

GMyth is a library to access MythTV backend services. It is intended to
speedup the development of a Mythtv Frontend, providing a high level API
enabling applications to retrieve data such as:

   - EPG: Retrieve channels and programs data with filtering
   capabilities. Retrieve channels icon;
   - Scheduling: List, add, change and remove recording schedules;
   - Recorded programs: List, remove, download and stream recorded
   programs;
   - Live TV: Control the backend remote recorder, switch channels and
   access Live TV content.

I fooled with streaming livetv to my iphone couple months ago so I could
watch the college basketball tournament games at work.  Gmyth comes with
gmyth-cat as a sample program. You can use to tune a channel and send the
stream through stdout, which you can just run through mencoder or ffmpeg to
transcode for the phone and send wherever you want. The problem with getting
this to work on the iphone is that it does not support the real time
streaming protocol (RTSP).  WIthout this you cannot play a file that has not
finished transcoding, so even if your capture card could capture in a format
that the phone could playback you would not be able to stream it live the
phone.

Thank you for the native remote! I am going to see if I can build it on
linux.

------=_Part_8429_22038730.1209699235209

How are you going to watch live tv on the iphone since the recording<br>
formats from most tuner cards are not supported by the iphone or even<br>
quicktime on os x for that matter. At least, that&#39;s what I&#39;m finding<br>
from my hauppauge pvr-250 files.<br>
to speedup the development of a Mythtv Frontend, providing a high level
API enabling applications to retrieve data such as:

<ul><li> EPG: Retrieve channels and programs data with filtering capabilities. Retrieve channels icon;
</li><li> Scheduling: List, add, change and remove recording schedules;
</li><li> Recorded programs: List, remove, download and stream recorded programs;
</li><li> Live TV: Control the backend remote recorder, switch channels and access Live TV content.

------=_Part_8429_22038730.1209699235209--