[mythtv-users] Finally using comflagging (wow!), have a few questions

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Mon Mar 31 22:36:48 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> What would be nice is two (or more?) job queues that have independent
> start/end times. JobQueue1 runs 00:00-23:59 and JobQueue2 runs
> 03:00-06:00. Crap I don't care about goes to JobQueue2 and stuff I want
> to start ASAP goes to JobQueue1. Probably pretty easy to implement this
> way, too.

I've been thinking a bit about something like this too - my combined
fe/be is not really powerful enough for commflagging/transcoding during
the day when its being used so I have a job queue window of 5:00am-2pm
(least use around my house).

However, I also have a user job that runs an iPod transcoding job (very
high nice value so it doesn't interfer with the fe playing) and dumps
the result into a directory which is podcasted to iTunes. These
transcoding jobs I want to run immediately, regardless of the job
window, but at the moment I just need to wait until the next day after
the jobs have been run.

So yes, I think multiple job queues would be a great idea. Can anyone
think of a downside (besides more complicated user setup, but the
default could be the way it is now, and only more advanced users could
configure extra queues)?

Johan.