[mythtv-users] Problems Upgrading from MythTV 0.20.2 to 0.21

William Munson william_munson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 23:24:43 UTC 2008

antonluque wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have mythtv running on ubuntu gutsy / 7.10 on a intel mac mini with a
> hauppauge pvr usb2, and I recently upgraded from mythtv 0.20.2 to 0.21 using
> the source files available in mythtv.org, as I had several problems
> upgrading from the ubuntu backports.
>
> The upgrade just took 30 minutes, but I have a couple of problems that I
> have not been able to solve after 2 days ...
>
> Watch TV - The pictures kind of blink/flash and the osd menus as well. I did
> not have that problem with the previous version, and I have changed back and
> forth from Qt to OpenGL without any success, any ideas??

Take a look in the playback settings. Upgrading changed all your video
and deinterlacing settings. Plus there are several new renderers to play
with.
> Myth Web - When I try to connect from my browser an error message is
> displayed warning me about different protocols being used in the client and
> the server. As I also installed the new plugins, why could this happen??
>
> Thank you in advance ...

When installing from source your install (make install) does not install
mythweb. You will have to do that manually so at the moment you are
still running mythweb from 0.20.2