[mythtv-users] mythgallery and videofiles

Dart Moory dart5325 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 21:53:55 UTC 2008

Thank you.

I will try tonight as you recommended.

Dart.

----- Original Message ----
From: John Veness <John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 5:22:21 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythgallery and videofiles

There's more than one Ubuntu 7.10 repository for MythTV, so it's not
quite as simple as that. Check in Synaptic for which version of (for
example) mythgallery you have installed. If you just have the Ubuntu
'gutsy' (codename for 7.10) main and universe repositories then you
probably have 0.20.2. If so I recommend enabling the 'gutsy-backports'
repository to upgrade to 0.21 (you will need to manually untick mythdvd
and tick mythvideo while doing this).

I wouldn't recommend mixing a compiled version with a packaged version.

Cheers,

John

Dart Moory wrote:
> I am not sure but may be it is 0.20. I just installed everything
> directly from Ubuntu repositories.
> Can I just compile and install only mythgallery over the Ubuntu build
> mythtv?

John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T