[mythtv-users] livetv vs recordings tuner use

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Mar 31 20:35:36 UTC 2008

I started a livetv session by mishandling the remote when the tv was off
and so it was recording for a few hours. Meanwhile I had set up mythtv
to record a program during that time period. I noticed that the
recording didn't happen because the tuner was in use with the livetv. I
have two identical tuners and at the time the other wasn't being used. I
would have expected mythtv by default to notice that the other tuner
wasn't being used and was capable of recording the program and then
switched to using the other tuner. Is there a setting to allow that
behavior?

I'm using mythbuntu with 20.2.

John