[mythtv-users] using built in player from command line / jumping page by page in file list

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Mar 31 19:50:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 01:34:37PM -0300, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > So far, I've only been able to scroll down the list line by line. Isn't
> > there a way to scroll down page by page or 100 titles by 100 titles?
>

>  You can page up/page dn, you don'thave to go 1 by 1.

indeed, I had it mapped to the wrong keys on my remote, hence wasn't
succeeding. Fixing that now, thanks.

As for mythtvideo, I see it's a .so, so I guess it's unlikely that I can
launch it from the command line, like I would with mplayer.

> However in general wouldn't it also make sense to organize your videos in
> subdirectories and not 1 big massive list?

I do :)
But even 30 small videos files was a pain to go down in. It'll be better
with pgdn though, thanks.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/