[mythtv-users] using built in player from command line / jumping page by page in file list

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Mar 31 15:27:02 UTC 2008

So, the mythtv video player, as most of you likely know, doesn't deal well
with big directory lists.
So far, I've only been able to scroll down the list line by line. Isn't
there a way to scroll down page by page or 100 titles by 100 titles?
I just didn't find that in the list of keys:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html

On the flipside, I've usually found myself ssh'ing to the mythth machine and
using mplayer file.avi to play videos, because it's just faster.
However, there are time when the video doesn't fill my 16:9 screen, and even
with the mplayer aspectratio command argument, I just wish sometimes I could
use the built in video play for its excellent zoom/pan/scan support so that
I can get the video to exactly fill my screen.
Can I do that?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/