[mythtv-users] Backend going to 100% CPU

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:13:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Bob Cottingham <bobnvic at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Since upgrading to .21-fixes my backend has going to 100% CPU.  I
>  >  noticed this once when I ran mythweb, however I haven't used mythweb
>  >  since and it has happened again repeatedly. What do I need to include
>  >  if I submit a ticket? I assume that a backtrace won't show anything
>  >  since it doesn't crash.
>
>  first, is the version of MythWeb your running the same as the version
>  of mythbackend your running?
>  if so, try running mythbackend with the --noupnp option and see if that helps.

In a complete unrelated report from some audio forums a number of
people are seeing similar problems with audio apps that use qt4.
Apparently a couple of folks have identified some function in qt4 that
they think is causing their problems.

Possibly the problem isn't actually in Myth but is in a library myth
calls that got updated at the same time? Did you happen to end up with
a qt4 upgrade in the process?

- Mark