[mythtv-users] Can only view some HD channels over Firewire, no SD (Charter cable in Mass)

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:42:43 UTC 2008

After a ton of help from this list, I formatted my FC8 box and dove
head-first into Mythbuntu 7.10. I upgraded to MytTV 0.21 and (with some help
from this list) got my HD over firewire working with my SA3250HD. HD via the
broadcast networks works great, but the issue is that nothing else can get a
signal lock. I'm running Charter cable in Massachusetts.

Right now the only channels I can get are ABC HD, NBC HD, CBS HD and FOX HD.
Everything else never gets past (L__) when trying to lock onto a channel.
Before I chaulk it up to being Charter's fault, are there any tests I can
try to make sure the issue isn't on my end?