[mythtv-users] TheSniderPad.com Mac build + network LIRC problems

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 13:33:47 UTC 2008

HI,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM, David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com> wrote:
>  Hello, I build TheSniderPad ones...  I swear I had lirc in there for the
>  config.   What is the output with the --version flag?

Full output from --version:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16556M
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-21
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 release darwin_da using_corevideo using_backend using_dbox2
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv
using_appleremote using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_darwin_da using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

So, no LIRC, unfortunately. I can see that you probably meant it to be
there, since the framework is present. Something must've gone wrong -
back when I was using Myth last time, I built it from source for a
while, which was hassle enough even just on linux! So thanks for
making these builds - it must be even trickier on OS X!

Out of interest, how much disk space do you need to build this,
including dependencies? I've already got Xcode installed, but only
have around 4 gigs free. I'd like to try my hand at building
mythfrontend myself, since I've got some free time at the moment, but
obviously the last thing I want is to run out of space mid-compile!

Thanks,
Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.21, UK Freeview, EIT-only EPG
mythbox: BE+FE, Mythbuntu 8.04, Athlon XP2000+ at 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM,