[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend causing Fatal Systems Crash

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 19:14:56 UTC 2008

In our case I suspect either overheating during times when the system
gets very busy. The most typical time this happens is when all of the
following is true:

1) We've just finished recording two shows
2) We've just started recording two shows
3) mythcommflag is running on the two shows just recorded
4) Around the house we have 1-3 frontends running watching something
that's been recorded.

Essentially, a fully loaded Myth network.

I don't think I've ever seen a frontend crash the way you are.

Maybe you should open up the box and reseat the cards and memory?
There could be a little bit of oxidation on the connections that's
causing some problems. Just a WAG though.

Good luck,
Mark