[mythtv-users] Video studder XvMC w/OSD

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:28:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

On my frontend I have a bad issue with XvMC and HD video.  When watching HD
and the OSD comes up I get very bad studdering.

I have tried everything in the XvMC wiki and cant get it any better.

The FE:
3.0 GHz P4
nvidia 6200 w/ component out
diskless

When playing HD i only see ~50% use and when the OSD is up it uses the same.

My Xorg.conf:
[root at mythfe ~]# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "vbe"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us+inet"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "Component"
        Option     "TVStandard" "HD720p"
        Option     "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x720 +0+0"
        Option      "NoLogo" "true"
        Option      "UseEvents" "True"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "NVAGP" "1"
        Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option     "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x720 +0+0"
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

I have tried changing Sync to Vblank setting but nothing seems to help.

Thanks,
Mitchell