[mythtv-users] mythvideo & multiple directories

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 13:03:30 UTC 2008

On 29-Mar-08, at 10:57 PM, Bill wrote:

> I know that I can add multiple directories in the settings (ie.
> /myth/video:/myth/video1).  But when I try this, I get a folder icon
> in the
> gallery view for the directory "myth", which then has an icon for the
> "video1" folder then with all the videos in /myth/video1 under it.
> I would
> rather the /myth/video1 folder be transparent

It's that way by design, you can't turn it off. Last year I submitted
a patch to make the behaviour optional but I can't find the number
now. It was a bit of a mess anyway.

Sometime later I volunteered to make mythvideo work with storage
groups and part of that would make the per-directory folders optional.
After an initial burst of activity I'm having trouble finding time to
finish it but it'll probably surface within a month or two.

- George