[mythtv-users] Is this a normal font display for MePo-wide?

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Mar 30 10:11:26 UTC 2008

Phill Edwards wrote:
> I'm using MePo-wide on MythTV 0.21. I've noticed I'm getting some
> truncation of items on the recordings screen - see
> http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mnuslanymcm&thumb=4
>
> I have added HandelGotD.ttf to a directory called
> /usr/share/fonts/MePo/ and run "mkfontdir MePo" and added this dir to
> xorg.xconf. It comes up OK in Xorg.0.log:
>
> (**) FontPath set to:
>         /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1,
>         /usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts,
>         /usr/share/fonts/MePo,
>         /usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi,
>         /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi,
>         /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc,
>         /usr/share/X11/fonts/TTF,
>         /usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1,
>         unix/:7100
>
> xdpyinfo shows resolution is 100x100 dpi.
>
> Is this normal or is there something I can do to prevent the truncation?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I don't use Mepo but this kind of truncation looks normal (for Myth) to
me, although it is messy. It would be nice if there was a way for themes
to automatically adjust widths and positions based on the font.

One thing I find helps is to change the date format to 24 hours, as
"15:00" takes up less room that "3:00 pm".

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T