[mythtv-users] Firewire channel changer for SA3250HD in Mythbuntu?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 01:14:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:26 PM, William Munson <william_munson at comcast.net>
wrote:

> You are missing some libraries. Try searching for "IEEE" in synaptic and
> install the ones you are missing. Dont forget to install the -dev
> packages too. I have it working on ubuntu and its proven to be pretty
> stable as long as you do not try to tune a channel with disabled
> firewire output. That seems to lock things up pretty good.

Thanks! I know that the readme mentioned installing other libraries but I'm
really gunshy with my past issues and switching to a new distro. I was able
to compile the new changer, but ran into new issues, but was able to pull
the following script out of my archives and it seems to work:

#!/bin/sh

l=`echo $1 | awk '{print length($0)}'`

if [ $l -eq 3 ]
then
 sa3250ch -s $1
fi

if [ $l -eq 2 ]
then
 sa3250ch -s 0
 sa3250ch -s $1
fi

if [ $l -eq 1 ]
then
 sa3250ch -s 0
 sa3250ch -s 0
 sa3250ch -s $1
fi

So now Myth changes channels correctly but I'm running into the same issues
I've had all along - Only the channels that are available clear over the air
in HD work. Everything else results in a "Partial Lock L__" when I tune to
them. I'll send a separate email to the list to see if this is my
configuration, or if it's my local friends at Charter not letting me tune
into anything but free HD. Strange that non-HD channels don't get a lock
either, though...