[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 + Samsung LNS4695DX + HDMI

bungle nabble.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Sat Mar 29 22:03:51 UTC 2008

Ben Curtis wrote:

> wondering if anyone can offer up any insight.  Using the latest Nvidia
> drivers, I can easily get 1920x1280 working via VGA.  However, it never
> auto-detects when DVI (to HDMI) is connected.  If I force it using:
>
> Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"

I also had to use that option with my NVidia card.  I had a similar problem
with both my older ATI card and my 6150 and my Acer 22" LCD and getting the
right resolution.  Apparently they can read the EDID fine from VGA, but not
DVI.  The X logs clearly showed it determining a maximum panel resolution of
1024x768 and using that as the resolution, though the LCD is 1680x1050.  The
key is to override it, which with the NVidia drivers happens this way:

        Option "IgnoreEDID"     "true"

Obviously, make sure the modes are right since you have to tell it
correctly.

May or may not be your problem - HTH,
John