[mythtv-users] screen position adjustment via software ATI

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:00:34 UTC 2008

Good afternoon, all.  This may be the wrong place to ask, but I'll give it a
shot anyway.

On my Debian etch frontend, running on a PPC eMac, I have no way of
adjusting the display to make the picture fit the screen (it is offset to
the left, and there is a lot of black space on the top and bottom).  This is
true of all screen modes, when at the desktop, or in Mythfrontend or
whatever.  For me, this adjustment is normally done by using the controls on
the monitor itself, not through software, but my eMac has no physical
interface with which to do this.  On OS X, there was a software utility to
do it (stretch vertically, horizontally, move up, down, left, right, etc.),
but that's obviously absent on my Debian install.  My video card is built
in, and I believe it's an ATI Radeon 7500, AGP 4x, with 32mb onboard
memory.  I realize ATI hardware doesn't have the best support in Linux, but
perhaps someone else has come across a similar issue.

I hope I'm describing my problem adequately.  Googling for help concerning
"linux" and and "eMac" is difficult, since most "linux" issues related to
the string "eMac" generally involve "emacs" which I've learned is something
different entirely.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Thanks,

Josh