[mythtv-users] Stange stuttering video/audio occurs part way through recording

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Sat Mar 29 03:46:09 UTC 2008

Andy Burns wrote:
> On 28/03/2008 11:27, Matt Doran wrote:
>

>> I'm using 0.21-fixes, and was watching a 3 hours recording and about 2
>> hours into the recording it started serious video/audio stuttering.
>> With verbose "playback" logging I got the output below when the
>> stuttering occurs .... before that it was working perfectly with no
>> output like that.
>>

> Does it stutter during/after a fade to black?

Nope, just starts in the middle of a normal scene.    It's like the
video is corrupted/broken at that particular point ... but there are no
errors in the logs.  And I only see those out of sync messages with
verbose playback logs.

This is recorded from DVB-T.  It strange that this has happened a few
times recently.   I wonder whether it's something in the recording file
that is broken, or a bug in the video decoding??