[mythtv-users] Gray OSD fonts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 28 19:06:20 UTC 2008

On 03/28/2008 02:56 PM, James Orr wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Richard Weber wrote:
>
>> I am very new to MythTV, about 2 weeks and still in the install phase, so
>> I may not be much help.  I have experienced the same issue.  When I
>> experienced the problem, I had changed the OSD font/size through the Setup.
>>  Leaving/changing I believe, "FreeMono.ttf" was the cause of this font
>> problems.  I found, I had to leave the Font and if I wanted to change how
>> it's displayed I would have to change the XLM.  Although I havent as of yet
>> went that far in the the setup....
> I had changed my default font to FreeSans.ttf, but switching it back to
> FreeMono didn't make any difference for me.

I have changed mine back and forth from FreeSans.ttf to FreeMono.ttf and
it has worked for me both ways, but that's definitely an interesting
data point.  I'll see how playing with the OSD font and OSD font sizes
affects things on my systems.

The main reason I haven't put much time into finding the fix is because
I've been completely unable to reproduce the problem.  So, I hope this
allows me to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Mike