[mythtv-users] Gray OSD fonts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 28 17:36:12 UTC 2008

On 03/28/2008 01:10 PM, James Orr wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> OK, how does one install them?
>>>
>> They just have to be in the directory.  Just make sure they're there.
> They are in the directory.
>
> Assuming "the directory" is /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Gray-OSD.
Yep.  Should have said that outright.  Sorry.

But, that means it's installed right.  So you're probably being bitten
by a known (but unidentified) issue (that's either an issue with your
configuration, your system libraries, your video drivers, or the font
itself--we still haven't identified it, but it doesn't seem to be a bug
in Myth).

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/295279#295279 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294597#294597 (the
link referenced within the previous link).

If you give me a link to a picture of the screen, I can tell you for
sure whether that's the problem.  Or, you can follow the instructions in
the above posts and, if it fixes the symptom (ugly OSD fonts), it was
the problem.

Mike