[mythtv-users] .21 icon download

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 28 15:51:28 UTC 2008

steve wrote:

> theres only one user on this box, me, everything I do is under one login.
> well, i just checked the permission of that directory /.mythtv/channels
> and its owned by root, is THAT the problem?? (theres nothing in it after
> I ran the icon download several times, and mythfill afterwards) hows
> myth setup running as a user going to write channel info to a directory
> it cant write to?

Yeah, change that directory to be owned as the user running mythtv-setup
and you should be good - or run mythtv-setup as root. If you're never
run mythtv-setup as root before and that directory is owned by root,
that might be a bug. I imagine it should be created as the user who is
running mythtv-setup, but I'm not sure since I always run my backend and
setup as root anyway as I suspect a lot of people do which is why there
hasn't been mention of it before. :)