[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 + Samsung LNS4695DX + HDMI

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 14:42:44 UTC 2008

Hey everyone,

I'm having a heck of a time getting the above listed combo to work, and
wondering if anyone can offer up any insight.  Using the latest Nvidia
drivers, I can easily get 1920x1280 working via VGA.  However, it never
auto-detects when DVI (to HDMI) is connected.  If I force it using:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"

in my xorg.conf, I get a picture, but it's only the top left 640x480
pixels of the screen.   Here's what's odd:

1) Connecting the Nvidia 6150 to my 720p Panasonic Projector through
DVItoHDMI with the same drivers works fine with the resolution set to
"DFP: 1280x720".  The only oddity here is I can't see anything in "text
mode".  It forces all of that output to VGA, but Xwin comes through on
DVI.
2) Connecting an Nvidia 5500 to the Samsung LNS4695DX through DVItoHDMI
works perfectly, with the same drivers, auto-detect and all.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Perhaps is there a way to pull a
modeline using the 5500 and apply it to the 6150?

Thanks in advance,
Ben